Saturday, January 12, 2008

Kayaking with Dolphins & a Farewell to NZ!!!!




Hello there Loves,
I have left NZ! The photos are of Stuart Island, so beautiful!!! The bird is a NZ Shag!!! The sign tells all, bird crossing!!!!! I love the signs in that country and in OZ for that matter.

Rob and I had a blast and it was just the most amazing place for hiking, nature and well, as one quote said-There is yet another damn gorgeous picture-talking about NZ! Yes it's such a gorgeous place. And the people were extraordinary! So sweet and such great parents. We loved watching them with their kids, so interested and so inclusive and wanting to be a part of their lives. So gorgeous.

So I had to leave Rob as well and that was hard, I really enjoyed traveled with him, having someone to laugh with and play with in nature. But it was good, it was a good period of time, it was nice to have time with him and share the holidays with him. I feel refreshed, relaxed and renewed having someone from home, someone who really knows me to be with me for a month. I am so much more relaxed now and just enjoying the moment.

But I have to say, as relaxed and calm as I was entering OZ wasn't a arms open, love hug. I was more like a hour of harassment. A word to the wise, never try to get in raw nuts or dried fruit into OZ, they don't like it. After at $220.00 because they thought I was trying to hide them, when I had written it write on my card that I had them I got to leave a free woman. They treatened of prison and bigger fines. YIKES! So a lesson learned and move on.

I just wanted to get to Byron where I felt nice and safe sound, like a second home. I got into my Backpackers on the Beach and just unwound, relaxed, walked on the beach. I enjoyed the warm rainy weather as I walked on the beach. It was stunning weather, the rain felt good and it was warm enough to have a singlet top on so I was happy. I just relaxed and didn't do much for that day. I have to say that I ate at 6:30am and just didn't eat again until 5:30pm as I was so tired. Not normal for me! So off to my little Japanese place to eat some great food!

The next day I had a perfect relaxing day of walks on the beach, writing some, hot chocolate, a delicious salad and OH, it was perfect, I went into a book store looking for the book A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini and they of course didn't have it as they sell out of as soon as it gets in. But this guy came up and said he just got rid of it at another shop. I busted a move and I got the book! I'm only 40+ pages into it, I so far highly recommend it though it's not a comedy, but I can recommend his other book The Kite Runner, it's sad but good as well.

I had an interesting experience next night and I only tell this as I want to warn people that things happen and to really take care. I went out with a group for a glass of wine-and yes it's true I've only had a half a drink in a year but I swear something was slipped in it and luckily my gut told me to go home then. I got home and almost got sick. I waited it out and I'm fine now, but especially ladies be careful out there.

So Bryon Bay has been heaven to be in though, it really has. I love my 6:30am walks on the beach, even if it's raining, watching the 20 something kids fix their breakfast in the mornings of coke and M&M's, seeing parents on the beach with their kids and an old lady laying in the surf kicking her legs like a kid with the water came in and getting up to put her cute little pink dress on to wander the streets in little girl clothes made for a big person!!!

But Friday I went to 5 Rhythms Dance!!!! It was my second time and it was so much nicer this time! I danced my butt off for 3 hours. Man that felt good, last time I was sick there and couldn't keep up with myself. I was in heaven to move my body and be with the music and my soul. I had some great connected dances with some really great people! But it did make me miss my own dance community at home!

The next morning I got up and met the first blue sky and white cloud morning and it was hot already at 7am. I said "yes, this is the perfect Kayaking morning". This was the perfect day! It was a great 3 hour journey. We had to push past all the waves in the Kayak, then wait for the others, as I almost got sea sick but it's all worth it. Then we paddled out over huge swells and kept paddling, going around the light house and there, in the distance-DOLPHINS!!!! Yes, playing in the waves, not just a few, but 5 or 10 at first, then we turned the other direction 10-12 more, turn again even more, paddle some more and there they were within a meter of our kayaks. So gorgeous! The babies just swimming, playing, surfing, having a blast with their parents and pals. Their perfect grey color, unmarred and just silky smooth and so light in spirit, getting so close, so trusting! It was gorgeous to see them so close.

Only once before have I been closer then this, on Venice Beach when I swam out with a girlfriend and the dolphins were pacing, I went out far and they came with 2 meters and then one came up right in my face, half an arm length away. I saw his green spots, his eye looking at me. How marvelous to be so close to something so precious!

So I thought that was it, we saw about 50-70 of them all around us in the waves, time to go in, normally you are sad to go, but two things kept me from that feeling of not wanting to leave them-thirsty and we actually surfed the waves in, in our kayaks. If you have never done it I highly recommend it. You are just pushed in by this huge power water surge. We got to do it twice. The second time we were pushed over but even that was a blast! The water being the perfect tempurature for swimming here and just a perfect day!

A quote I love: "Don't save anything for a Special Occasion, Life IS a Special Occasion!"

I am nice and relaxed here, loving my time here. I went to a movie the other day Atonement, though the story is sad the way it was shot was beautifully done. It's worth seeing just for that alone.

The women here wear dresses that barely cover their butts, like baby doll dress sort of but with nothing under them but a g-string. This is the fashion, as well as strapless dresses. It's interesting how they dress, I think I've seen this kind of dress in Miami beach only. Very skimpy. They also walk down the street, off the beach, in only a bathing suit, now I'm not sure about this but I rarely see people do this but here in Byron they do it all the time. I like watching the differences in people.

The other day I watched a whole group of people out for a surf lesson, it was so funny, all these beginners with these huge boards that they could barely hold on to and they were walking down the beach. I'm sure that would be me as well, they look huge! I was going to do a surf lesson for the heck of it, but I've seen too many injuries here so I think I'll skip that.

I'll be heading down to Sydney later this week to finally see Beenie!!!

I'll let you know what's up when I know! I'm very happy to be with my own computer in a cafe and even better with free wi-fi!!!
Ok, much love and many hugs to you. Remember to live for this moment, be happy and be free!!!!

I send you love, Heather

No comments: