Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Tulum, Gorgeous Beaches, Fat & Happy Great People!






Dearest Ones,
Wow, this place is pretty incredible. No, not only because I get to be around nude people all day either. And yes, to answer some of your questions-yes I am nude-swimming nude, eating nude, I’m even teaching topless-all fun, yes yes yes!!! And no it’s not a swingers place, there is no open sexual contact. But what is amazing is most of these people are mid 40’s-late 60’s, high school sweethearts, still in love, show great affection toward each other and when they look at each other or talk about one another it just blows your heart so open, you mind a reeling and your body thrilled that this can still be.

These amazing nudists are any where from Nebraska, to California, Mississippi, Florida, the Dakotas, Oklahoma, Louisiana, to any where else you wouldn’t think to find nudists, but they are all here and they love it here. The come 1-5 times a year, spend 4-14 days here at a time, and unwind from their stressful jobs of being doctors, self employed, artists, more doctors, gynecologists, therapists, all high end, stressful jobs. They come here, drink, party, have fun, laugh a ton, hug and kiss on each other as friends do sometimes and they just enjoy each other, let go of work, some won’t even talk about it. They talk about their kids, the ones that know they are nudists and the ones that don’t, the friends that know about it and the friends that don’t, and even the few that have no friends but here as they have no time for friends but when they come away. So work hard, play hard. They make a lot of money to come down here and relax, paying any where from $150-$600.00 a night. It depends if they are part of a club or time share.

And for me, I have taught a few classes now. My first class I had 3 couples. Man oh man it was hard to get them into this work, connecting on a deeper level. For some it’s a lot of work and they don’t want to work. So focusing on playing, relaxing and just loving each other is what they can handle, so the meditation stuff, humm…..it may have to wait or stop or pause for the right group. But it was good!

The Rowdies are all here now and here the other group told me how scary they were-loud obnoxious, breaking things, etc. But honestly you couldn’t meet a nicer group of people. They are truly so much fun to be around. I’ve found a few to actually talk to about nutrition with, health, diet and things we both love. I’ve made some great connections and we are trading book names, ideas, etc. Now I’m meeting people, like this morning a woman who came to my class for the women’s class that may have me come to teach this work to her clients since she is a therapist that works with molested women.

But there is nothing not to adore about these people, they laugh, they play, they are open and just warm hearted people. In fact they have deemed me a Rowdy group member now. I guess it’s because the other night chose to go to the disco and the right songs came on and I busted a move and that was it. Everyone went a little crazy about how I dance and how no one dances like me. All of them were committed in that moment to come to my classes. All it took was me dancing for them to open, invite me in and to want to come to my classes. So now I have a new family-the Rowdies!!!

The staff that is here is also so very lovely, very kind, warm hearted and generous people. In their smile you can feel their soul and appreciation for life and their work. Though they don’t “take care” of me as they do the other guests-as I get that they see I’m not used to being “take care of”, they allow me to just do my own thing and only come in when asked to take care of something for me.

I have made some great connections with two absolutely soulful massage therapists that are truly loving, peaceful and blissful beings-they ask me all kinds of questions and they laugh with me and they are just a delight to be around.
I’ve already had one proposal of marriage by the main bartender. Sweet guy, but I don’t think so, as much as I love this place.

So the people down here are amazing and as one woman put it “the people here are fat and happy”. It’s true, they don’t care, so much, that they are fat, they are happy with their lives. Yes they’d like to be lighter but they don’t feel they need to ruin their happiness to get it. They are happy with their partners, still in love after 16-40 years of marriage and still make love any where from once a week up to a few times a day in their 60’s! Talk about giving inspiration to people. I taught a class this morning the drew tears to my eyes. I felt so much love coming from these people for their partner it just seeped out to the whole room and it was glorious to witness. So delicious.

Sunday was my first real day off, after breakfast I took off to Tulum, the bus ride was great, easy, air conditioned, everything is flat around here, yet green. I didn’t even really get it until I was there that these are the first Latin ruins I have been to since Guatemala. It was funny, it was actually hard to leave the resort as it’s so comfortable and to just read all day would have been wonderful. But what I saw and what I experienced was so much better for me, to get the passion of travel in me again, to explore something new, on my own, to see these old ruins from back I guess from the 1500’s. And then…….I saw the ocean, OH MY GOSH, I haven’t see anything so gorgeous. I was trying to think of that area in Tasmania but I think this place beat it, not the beach, but the water colors of blue, green to dark blue in the distance, the sand being lifted and swirled and moved around by the water. Once I got in the water…OOO La La….. how absolutely lovely it was to feel it’s warmth on my skin. I wish the ocean was this nice where the resort was, but then there’d be no reason to leave.

Honestly I’m so happy I got out to play, as it made me realize how much I love Latin culture, how lovely the people are. I cried a few tears of seeing the beauty of this culture again and how much I have missed it and how I relate to it. I am tired of staying away from it, time to embrace it and can see myself living in Latin America and would to. Especially speaking Spanish, I love this language.

The beach, humidity and the lull of the ocean calms my heart, brings passion to my full being and I am just calmly happy. I very peaceful and loving experience. Wouldn’t mind staying a while.

I had no idea also I was so close to Cuba, it makes me want to hop on a boat-only a 30-40 minute ride over, OH YES!

Ok, I’m sure I could go on and on and on….you get the point. I am enjoying it here, this morning was the best class yet, and it’s so nice to just get up and choose to wear clothes to breakfast or not. Over the next few days I’ll be exploring new areas. I’m loving being inside these walls of the resort and out of them.

It’s funny to think how much free time I have and it really doesn’t feel like all that much either, between teaching, preparing for class, talking to people about my classes, trying to get some reading in, eating-which takes up some time if you eat slowly, swimming….well not much more time left to do the things I thought I’d do-write on my book, do some research, watch some of the videos for my work. Plus everyone wants me to come down and party with them at night-oh boy, no thank you not on most nights. They stay up to 4am. I’m wiped out by 11pm or 12am, with all the sun we get, but then I’ve never been a good night person. What a rough life!!! Funny isn´t it! Well I asked to travel internationally with my work and here I am, gorgeous beaches, water, people and teaching! I was thrilled everyone loved that class today, really loved it!

Today I’m off for a massage and reading all day and some pool volleyball, should be a great day. Wish you were here.
Big hugs and love to you, Heather

ps. I forgot to tell you each night they dress up in costumes, and wild outfits that you see in speciality stores or Fredricks of Hollywood and prance around showing off all their stuff, it´s quite impressive. Fun group!

No comments: