Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Hermit Crab Delight, Snorkeling, Home in 1 Week!!!

Hello there Loved Ones,
How are you? How is life treating ya? For me something shifted this morning for me….I was teaching a class and I was asking them to let go of what ever didn’t serve them…and man oh man if it didn’t work, not only for them but for me. The past 2 days I’ve felt a great desire just to come home, to my friends, my dance community and be where everything is known to me. But honestly it’s just people overload. I’m not used to being around so many people so much. Today it cleared though. So now I’m back strong in my happiness, in my appreciation of this life, this world, the gifts and many chances and choices I’ve been given in this life right here and right now. Yet I'll be seeing some of you in just one short week, oh how time flies!!!

Yesterday was a lovely day, it was my day off and a day I didn’t leave the resort but for a long walk out to the highway, up the highway and back again, dodging a few dead animals and getting my heart pumping with lovely, much needed exercise.

Today as I walked through the tropical down pour of rain through Playa del Carmen to pick up a few things I needed, get some gifts and have some delicious Mexican food, I felt the rain, each drop on my skin, clearing and cleaning my senses, opening them up for taking in the fresh air, the humidity that draped the inside of my body and outside. It felt magical to just walk slowly through the rain, celebrate it, not fear it, not run from it, just let it be, on me. Of course just like the movies I was wearing a white shirt and realized this isn’t the best place to be in a see through shirt in the rain. Luckily bathing suit tops work really great as bras and then I could go back to bring present and soaking up the rain and delight in it. I found a little street vendor that had something wrapped up in a banana leaf, she told me “tamale”, oh I was hungry, I hadn’t had breakfast and it was worth the wait. It was hand made, chunks of corn in it and oh so delicious!

This evening I had a blissful experience with a little hermit crab. Oh I just love them. I picked him up, went inside. But determined to come out again he came out, crawled up my arm, down my other arm, over my leg before I let the little one go on it’s merry little way. I felt I was a child again playing with such a precious little life.

I have been snorkeling twice in the past week, once was just amazing as we went out on a catamaran that was so smooth and relaxing, it could have lulled me right to sleep. We dove into the clear blue green water and the fish were going crazy even before we got in. There were hundreds, maybe even thousands of them swishing around here and there. I saw 2 barracudas and 1 green eel and 2 yellow and black spotted eels and a few lobsters, and a octopus that was taken onto the boat and inked a few people.

The guide would take food from a water bottle and squeeze the bottle into the home of a eel and then the fish would go crazy to eat it and the eel would come out pissed off and then go back in, I swam down and he must have been 1 ½ feet from my face, he was gorgeous for an angry little living being. Once when he did that, the fish went crazy and then as quickly as there got there they were gone and back again. It was so quick it took a minute to realize the barracuda had swam through getting food and the fish do not mess with them. It’s amazing that they can live just out in the open like that, living together in peace, possibly a little fear of being eaten but right there, no one is hiding out, they know he/she is there but they all live and give everyone distance…..hummm…..

The other snorkeling trip I went on my own down to a cove that connected with the ocean. There wasn’t a ton of fish but enough of them that were so beautiful, and glowing fluorescent greens, orange, red, yellow and a mix of rainbow colors that blow your mind and you try to imagine how such a lovely creature can glow and shine so brightly with just a little sun light. Maybe us humans are the same way. As the people here seem to come alive when the sun is out.

I actually got to teach every class this week as people are talking about my classes and now people are showing up every day, wondering if I am coming back and sharing with me their growth and it is making me so happy to add something to their lives and relationships. Asking them to slow down, to be present and honor each other….as much as they seem to fight it at first they seem to delight in it after only minutes.

I’ve been doing more private sessions and they are going so well, it’s a beautiful thing to watch two people ever so in love open up even more to their true nature together and expand in love, joy, bliss, truth and pleasure. I’m happy I am here.

I am loving the humidity here, it feels so good and I am actually getting a nice base tan-no tan lines!!!! This weeks group of people were truly amazing, I really connected with all of them on such a deep level. Most nights I had people I ate with, went over to the “dark side” to eat dinner with and talk to about life. I was thrilled to be talking with a Colon Hydrotherapist that absolutely loves what she does, we talked nutrition and colon talk, wow wow wow, how much fun. Of course her husband, who was just a great guy would come over and tease us about the conversation, they were the greatest couple, very fun, playful, flirtatious and alive. They invited me out to see them, which I may just do.

So I’m sitting here, outside in a gazebo on a great comfy couch writing this to you as the ocean wind sooths my skin and wakes up my senses even more. Smelling the salty air with just a hint of fishiness to it, but ever so lovely. I’m looking through palm trees and a huge basket full of colorful fruit that is being set up for dinner, as we having dinner at the beach tonight.

I got to work with a couple from Brazil who has studied Tantra before, such a beautiful couple! I’ll be seeing them in Brazil one day, I know that!

Ok, I need to go. I hope you are well, may all your dreams come true and may life hold you ever so lovingly in every moment, every breath and each heart beat. Much love to you, Heather

No comments: