Monday, January 29, 2007

On My Way to Silence!



Hello there my lovely friends,

Well the jetlag has lifted!!! I'm back to myself, the sadness of being away from all of you have lifted-not that I don't still miss you, but it was an odd thing to come over me so strongly. I am back to me, having fun and meeting some wonderful people here and there. I have made a friend at a food stand. This woman cooks really great Thai food for 20-30 BT a meal, she is from Laos, which the people there are just lovely and some of friendiest people you'll meet. Though neither one of us understand the other we have great conversations trying to figure out what the other one is saying.

Yesterday was really funny, I saw this military man riding a bike down the street with shorts, a short sleeved shirt on, a white band around his arm and all in green AND a rifle in his right hand. I just hope it wasn't loaded at the time. That could be dangerous!!!

I have tell you, going to the bathroom around here is an experience. I love that they don't use toilet paper but they have installed these water things that we in America use to wash dishes with-those water shooter things at the sink that spray water. Well try to use that in the middle of the night with cold, I mean cold water coming out of it and stay half asleep, YIKES!!! You get awakened real quick!

It's been great people watching the past few days, especially here, all the craziness Bangkok has to offer is right out the front door-people trying to sell you everything, books that are far from done-grammer is so bad, stuff that you don't even know what it is, maps that you can't fit in your bag, books, tribal things, etc. It seems like 3/4 of the people here smoke and I am adjusting to that.

I still have my watch set to Los Angeles time, it's nice to know what time it is for you and what you maybe doing. All I have to do is go forward 3 hours and know it's the time here-we are 15 hours ahead over here!

It felt so good to get a 7 1/2 hour night sleep last night, that is the longest and best I've slept in about a month. I really needed that. I've been in such a great place all day! I am really ready now for my Vipassana, which starts tomorrow night. I get on the train in a few hours and will be there at 5am tomorrow and then start the meditation around 5pm tomorrow. I feel like I'm in a really clear space for it now that the fog has lifted. I'll be sleeping on the train tonight in a little upper bed. I love the trains here in Thailand!

The past few mornings, though I'm in the big city of Bangkok, if you wake up early enough you hear these beautiful birds singing outside your window. I never even knew there were birds in this crazy city.

So I'll be out of touch from tomorrow afternoon to the 11th. So I look forward to hearing from you. I send you love and hope life is treating you GRANDLY, with LOVE, filled with JOY, PASSION and HAPPINESS. We only go around once in this body, let's make it count and filled with everything our hearts desire. Much love to you, Heather Rhea

2 comments:

anna said...

Hope you enjoy your vipassana! Good to hear you are having a good time. Sleeping is indeed important. Looking forward to more blogposts from you.

tazaroo said...

Good that you are now enjoying yourself. That's what is the MOST important thing for you while traveling this world. Sleeping for 7 1/2 hrs sounds like heaven to me. Have an awesome vipassana & learn even more about yourself, as I know you will. I love you very, very much & now that I know that I can't just pick up the phone & hear your wonderful voice, it makes me miss you even more.
Love & Kisses, Mom