Friday, February 16, 2007

Emerging, Krabi, Dance & Chinese New Year!



Hello there,

I am so happy to be writing you, I seem to have a lot to say. I hope you are well and happy and your heart is singing to it's contentment.

I wrote this yesterday and would love to share it with you!

I woke up this morning to the sounds of birds and hollaring monkeys, the waves splashing against the shore and boats roaring against the water. I opened my window of my bamboo hut to a gorgeous day, fresh air, before all the pollution of the longtail boats and their noise. I pulled back my mosquito net to take in the view of the trees, the sky and the huts around me.

Getting up and walking to the beach 1 minute away the smell of steamed rice filled the air and my took it in, loving the scent. Knowing this is an every day staple in Thailand. I walked out to the beach, breathed in the clean morning air, hearing the calls of "Ao Nang", which is where the boats go to, to get to Krabi. I stretched there on the beach. Still in the shade at 7am, with the cliffs over hanging, the trees surrounding them and the beach and the water accenting everything. It was a stunning morning for a run. I ran the beach 2 times, I felt great! I got my camera for the cool down walk, took some shots and asked myself "why am I leaving today"? Well sometimes it's just time. Here there are really great people-mostly tourists, no culture as there were no locals here before the tourists came really, it's expensive because of that and if yu don't rock climb there is little to do except hike and I did most of the hikes the past 4 1/2 days and don't rock climb. I'm sad to go as I know March 1st they ar tearing down half of all the quaint bungalows, restaurants and cafes to put up a resort and this place will never be the same again. I will never come back as that doesn't appeal to me. Krabi area is the biggest place in SE Asia, at least Thailand, for rock climbing and it's gorgeous here. Stunning! Photos would never capture this place, but I'm trying.

So there are people going on the longtail boats going every where around, kayaking, which I wish I did but I need a partner for that, maybe in Bali. Most everyone here is traveling with someone but they are very friendly. I really get that as beautiful as this place is I miss the culture, the small food stalls and scents that non tourist places have. This place is only 5-8 years old. I have read here, wrote, worked out, played games with some girls that chased me down on the beach from the retreat-they were great! I went for a fabulous Thai massage from a woman named Tu. She was lovely, gentle natured and caring, yet very strong. Get this, the price even here where it's a little more then the mainland is only 200bt-35bt to the dollar! Tu cracked me real good and put me back in place and relaxed me so I could go for a swim afterward and melt in. She was sweet, she'd sing "lay down" "turn over", "sit up", it would start high and then go down in notes. I walked over the hill for my swim-this is the place that gets real muggy as the air doesn't quite get in but the head does so you feel like you are in a sauna, sweat dripping down your nose, in between your breasts and well every where-even off your elbows. My swim was lovely in the luke warm water. I came back via the rocks on the ocean, these things are trecherous (sp?), I mean so sharp they could stab you dead in a moment. What this water has done to them who knows. But being careful is a must.

So my last day there was beautiful, very relaxing and made me not want to leave after a wonderful dinner with friends. In fact the next day I didn't leave until 1:30pm as I wasn't ready. But I'm in Krabi now, yes that is a city not a mood. Krabi is a small town that tourist tend to just go through but it has lots of shopping for the tourist that does stop.

I have to tell you about a lovely dish here, it's called mango sticky rice. Yes, it's so divine. It is sticky rice with mango on top with delicious coconut with sweet milk and salt dripped over it. It melts in your mouth with each bite and you never tire of it.

So I was checked in to my hotel by a woman named Pa-she is a doll, so lovely. She alone makes me want to stay here but I'll leave tomorrow. I woke up this morning to birds singing and buses going by. But the best thing is that I have a big room and I put on my music and danced for a full hour to Zero, Lisa Gerard, Brian Eno, some country and a few others-my Ipod was on random. It was great to dance full out for an hour-first time in 3 weeks. I went to the night market last night to full bodied chickens cooked and being sold, parts of pigs being sold, fish of all kinds with the heads still on. All kinds of things were there along with veggies and fruit. It's the first time I saw raw veggies in Thailand. I got a great Pad Thai with lots of veggies and chicken for 25bt last night-it was the best Pad Thai yet and less than a dollar! It felt healthy!!! This morning the over breakfast of raw fruits, veggies, musli, nuts and milk and eggs and juice the fire crackers were going crazy. They are starting to celebrate the Chinese New Year, though it's not their New Year for 2 more months, but Thai's will take any reason to party, have fun and laugh. Some can be serious and ignore the tourist and only be about money but underneath it, they are lovely people.

So I'm going to look into a photo album thing online so I can upload my photos there, but it will have to wait probably until I'm in Bali-if you know of anything that is easy let me know.

I'm doing good. Everything seems loud since the retreat though. My heart is good, I feel the Universe taking care of me. Everytime I start to get lonely or low it brings some lovely person in my life or a great lesson. I get lots of time to watch myself, my mind and have been meditating more now and of course flossing!!!! ; ) I read my calender for the month every day and it says "Where ever you should go, go with all your heart" by Confusious. I think this calender was made specifically for me. I really want to get to Bali but I'm enjoying the journey down. I am getting really great info from the people around. I may take a 4 day boat down to Bali from Malaysia or just go by boat to Medan and fly from there-either way it will be good. I'm excited to be taking everything one day at a time, still unwinding and getting out of the "doing mode".

I think of you all so much and hope that you are doing well. I miss you and look forward to seeing you, when ever that maybe. I dream of dancing every day, teaching, playing with friends and about what this trip is to bring me.

I'm sure there is a million things I can still say. But I'll stop at this. I am off to Malaysia tomorrow, excited about Georgetown as it has great Indian food. Today I'm off to wander the town and just be. Have some more great food and see what the Chinese New Year brings. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! So good bye to the year of the dog and tomorrow (for me) is hello to the year of the pig. Go to www.proastro.com and put your date of birth in, it's great. Mine is 11/25/1969, see what it has to say. It's great fun! If you are a rooster I hope to see you over here.

I send you all love, I miss you and send you hugs. Love and blessings, Heather

ps. I've been making friends with the local bugs too-a praying mantice (sp?) wouldn't get off me, he stayed on me for about an hour until I finally had to remove him. He was just a baby and really cute.

No comments: