Wednesday, May 23, 2007

singin' and a dancin'

Hello there again,
Well much has shifted in the past few days! I'm so excited! First my girlfriends and I have been getting together and singing. One plays the ukelelee(sp?) and the other one plays the guitar and we are just singing at the top of our lungs just letting it rip harmonizing beautifully and now people have joined us.

Yet our group is splitting up, one has left already yesterday morning, my roommate. And so now there are three. We have all decided separately we are leaving on Thursday. One of my friends may come with me to a wellness center. This is very exciting for me, it has Ayurvedic massage, cleansing, purifications, nasal clearing, all kinds of things with yoga and meditation, food and room for about $17.00 a day! I'm thrilled about this.

This morning is the first morning I got to dance in India and it felt great. I'm full of life and energy. I'm just ready to go cleanse, heal and get this body massaged!!!!

Yesterday I danced for the first time in India and it felt great!!! Tonight we will be doing a little celebration on the beach with music and dancing to say good bye as we go our separate ways. It's been so beautiful to be with women and for so long. There is something about being with people on going for over a week or so, it feels like a few months.

It would be so easy to stay in some ways as here I get up at 5:50am, have Chai, yummmm! Then go off to yoga and meditation and then meet with the girls for breakfast and chatting for a while afterward. We do our sevas/volunteer work, get a little alone time before lunch of more lovely Indian food (Breakfast and Dinner is water rice and veggies, supposedly it's good for kidneys, and then Lunch is solid rice and veggies), then we get together to eat, talk, sing, have a juice, get a little alone time, sometimes I've gone to the ocean, it's got the craziest waves so high out here, and then Bhajan until 8pm-chanting and then dinner. I crash around 10:30pm-ish. It's good. But I haven't actually gotten an 8 hour sleep since Calcutta. It seems like I don't need much sleep, some nights I only get 4 hours, but it feels good to be up at 4am doing my own thing.
Well I'm off to the wellness center tomorrow and haven't a clue if they have email so if I don't write back soon, know that I'm thinking of you and cleansing!!!! Much love, many hugs, keep your heart open, Love, Heather

No comments: