Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Last letter from Asia for Now!

Hello loves,
Well my last days here in Thailand has been incredible, all the wonderful food, smiles and loving way I watched a few people prepare my food with so much love I could taste it!!!!

I love watching the way the Thai people are, so soft, passive and non violent. Even in the way they drive, no horns unless really needed. If someone stops to get some food and double parks, no need for horns, just wait or move around. No yelling, screaming, anger, nothing, just a fact. What a great way to live, very Buddhist if you ask me. LA could take some lessons. I just love watching them.

I met a guy in a shop the other night that just let me watch him batik, he was so amazing. I wouldn't mind studying with him. Well especially his teacher, but he died in a motorbike accident. But his teacher did things I've never seen done with batik. But watching this guy the other night I was just mesmorized by him, the way he did his work and fixed it with such easea and so quick. I love batiking. The creative bug really wants to come out more and more.

I noticed the other day that the pack of cigarettes here actually have something interesting on them. I can't imagine this in the west but since I don't smoke I don't know. They actually have photos have bad lungs, organs, lips with holes in them and all kinds of not so fun things that happen to ya when you smoke. And then the photos of the parents smoking around kids too. I guess they are cracking down.

So I'm getting on the airport shuttle in an hour for the airport. It's raining so I'm in here with you. Not knowing when I'll get to write again. I really love sharing with you. I really got in touch with why I was so sad over losing the photos, besides the physical memories, was because I am not able to share them with you. I just love sharing. I really wanted to send them too you, but instead you have my descriptions. Plus if I ever do make a book on this, who knows how they could have helped. Yes, I said book!!!! Fun fun, one of these days I will get a book out and actually it's in my chart that I will publish a book, and easily it says. Don't know how that reads out but that's what they say!

Ok, well I'm off for now. I miss you a ton and love you lots. I send you huge hugs!

Oh I'll leave you with this, a yoga teacher said it once, "Freedom is not doing everything you want, but being in control of your mind to do what you need" Something like that. I really like that quotes, keeps everything balanced some how.

Ok, love to you, Heather

No comments: