Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Australia-ABSOLUTELY!!!!

Hello there loves,
How are ya? What's up and new in your world? How is everyone? I keep hearing about the brush fires out there, I hope all is well? I have been in OZ now for 1 week, jetlagged, in culture shock but here. Man oh man it's so different from Asia and so very the same as the US. I'd say Sydney is Los Angeles, San Francisco, Portland,OR and Seattle all mixed together!

The first few days I just wanted to go home, and still have those urges. I miss everyone. But now I get why I crave home, I'm used to working when I'm in western like places. Plus with the dollar plummeting it's more expensive then the US. We need to get that US Dollar back up there!!!! You work on it ok!!! : ) So I'll be finding volunteer work or work soon-actually made my first $25.00 yesterday in doing a haircut at a hostel! It was great to be around that atmosphere!

At present I am staying in North Sydney in Dee Why-kind of sounds like Dee Way but it's the accent, it is Dee Why. I am at Kristi's and Beenies place and it's lovely, so gorgeous, decorated in things they have collected on their world journeys, just stunning. Beenie, my friend isn't here but Kristi has been lovely to be with and around, intruding me to her friends and taking me to BBQ's and tonight we will be having a girls night in of food and possibly massages! She has been great!

She and I are off to the Blue Mountains this weekend to get away, get some rest from the city craziness-which I find it's beautiful but not for me. I really get I am so not a city person. We will be going up to her family's home and then hike in the Blue Mountains. I'll get to meet some more of her family up there this weekend which will be nice.

I have to say it will be interesting how I'll fit in to everything here in the way that they love to drink and smoke here and if they are doing it they love to talk about it or they talk about it as they do it. And I don't do either so it will be a great witnessing sport!

Ozzies are so friendly! You are never really alone, if you reach out and talk to someone they talk back, every once in a while surprised but so open to chatting and telling you anything and everything, it's so lovely! And sometimes they start the conversation which is so beautiful! I've hiked to the next beach over, met some terrific people on the way over, got caught in a bit of a rain storm on the way back but not too bad.

Oh the weather, I thought I was coming to Sunny Sydney where it would be warm, well just think of San Francisco for weather here, sometimes gorgeous but other times freezing. My first two days I couldn't get warm. But we've had some stunning days of blue skies and lovely beach weather to go walking in! The beaches are stunning.

Say on another note there are elections going on here and since everyone is talking about them and the TV is non stop talking about the US, I was wondering does anyone know for sure is Hillary Clinton running next year or not? I haven't heard for sure and everyone out here seems to be pro Hillary, which I think is great! What a lovely idea, perfect timing to get Bush out, if he doesn't try any tricks, we'll see AND finally have a woman in office! I'd vote for her!

So I got to the city and after wandering around the Harbour with all the boats and all I got to the Opera house at sunset. What a stunning sight! Something I've wanted to see for years. It's like two things happen, I fell in love with her and I could see her for what she was, just a structure. But what a fabulous structure, and after about 25-35 photos of her, walking across the bridge and just taking in her gorgeous archetecture I got home at night. The city lights were grand and the harbour with all the boats, lights, buildings, all of it just breath takingly beautiful!

I'm adjusting to all the accents, all a little different yet all Ozzie. Then all the shortening of words, they don't seem to like words that are long or if they can shorten them they do. It's funny but not to easy for the new comer.

I was talking to Rob from home the other day and had a great memory of India that I just had to share. I remembered watching the cows walking around and seeing their tails go back and forth and I got that they use their tails as shit wipers, to spread the crap from one side to the other side of their butts, as they also hit you with them as well. I laughed so hard remembering that.

Anyway, soon I'll be looking for some work either in hair or wwoofing-organic farming, I volunteer my time on the farm for free room and board! I'd love to work in the gardens and with cows. I miss my cows. I want to milk a cow! YES that would be fun! Maybe also find some work in a hostel up north and get some hiking in.

I've been really getting in touch with why I am here. I just wonder sometimes why I am where I am at this place or that place. Especially when I'm craving to be creative-painting, singing, dancing, ceramics, and batiking. I think I'll be buying a song book soon to learn some new songs, I am craving to sing, hopefully in front of people one day. I'm really getting in touch with what I want to do with my life more and more on this trip. So I'm happy abut this. But as far as being here I know I'm here to hike, to get to know the people, to see if one day I'd want to live here, create a retreat center, teach movement, see if I can do anything with singing or dance, etc. I'll see what the Universe has in store.

One great thing that maybe coming through is there is a book I started writing last year and wanted to continue it here in OZ with Beenie. I just had a woman in LA email me interested in possibly making this dream a reality of making it a movie, as that is how I've always seen it, I'll see what happens. I'd be thrilled to see this happen.

Ok, that is all for now. I send you all hugs, let your hearts fly high! Listen and it will tell you what you need to do next. Much love, Heather

PS. Oh, the OZZIES love the word Absolutely! It's great and such a lovely positive word, just like them.

No comments: