Thursday, October 21, 2010

Walking At Night

Walking At Night
Walking last night under the trees and the grey lit sky from the city lights, I watched the trees barely moving with the lightest of breeze. The smells awakened every sense in my nose, which then took that to my body. Though the night felt so very still, the air so quiet, I felt it’s aliveness, it’s breath breathing on me inside and out.

I looked down at the trail, seeing the cracks and crevaces, realizing they are so much like life…it’s starts here, twists and turns there, stops there, makes a U turn there and continues. Some places the cracks were deep and wet, others just barely showing and mostly dry.

I pondered these cracks….how my life has taken one form, then another, to another in careers, relationships, travel, countries, dreams, hiking trails, friendships and how sometimes I come back to visit a path again, I connect with it again, heal from it, get alivened by it just by being near it or on it again. Our lives take so many shapes, paths, breaths, but it’s all ours.

Which path will I take next is the real question? I’m opening, pondering, shifting my thoughts, opening my heart, asking questions, going within, and feeling the joy each day in life and feeling blessed, grateful and full-filled in who and what I am and have. I’m bringing in more pleasure in my life every day and say a prayer of thankfulness in that. Asking the Universe, how can I shine brighter today, what is my calling and which path will I be taking next?

Embracing my life, change, different thoughts, feelings and people into my life and where there once was fear, there is excitement now. For I no longer have to know all or be perfect like I felt I had to before, I can be me, in all my imperfections and though fear will come up, I can feel it and do it anyway. One step at a time, on my path, here I come.

No comments: