Thursday, November 15, 2007

Got Paid for Singin'!!!!

Hello there loves,
How are you? I am great! I'm in Port Macquarie and it's stunning here. I am loving it in this port town. So much to share if I can remember it all.

Well I got on the bus from Sydney up here and I was just listening to my music on my Ipod, having a hard time containing my voice from singing full out! We stopped for the break and while everyone got out to walk and eat. I stood there just belting out at the top of my lungs singing to Amae! Got I love that womans music and lyrics! I didn't care that I was getting looks. I'm getting you just have to do what you have to do and let others do the same-including react or try not to react.

So I'm standing there singin' and having a great time, so very happy, heart soaring high from the music coursing through my body! I saw this little girl walk by with golden hair and a matching rat to boot-reminded me of that book your recommeneded to me Edgar, she stayed in my head, and she went into a play area. I didn't see her at all playing but when she came out she did something so stunning to my system. She walked right up to me and infront of me was a table and she placed a $2.00 coin! I looked at her fingers in slow motion as she scooted it against the table to me. It went so slowly, then she slowly walked off. My mind was saying "is this for what I think it is, for singing. Is this little girl of 8 or 10 years old really paying me for my singing". I picked it up, holding the $2.00 coin in my hand and looked up right at the same time she looked up and we waved at the same time.

I was so grateful, thrilled, excited and overwhelmed with ECSTATIC BLISS!!!! I felt as if the Universe is was telling me something, like, "yes you are on the right path. Keep going with this, yes, yes, YES, YES!". So I have been walking on cloud nine since. My first payment for singin' from a beautiful little girl with golden hair and a matching rat on her shoulder. Children are so great, so many lessons in that little moment when she place that coin down. I love it and love her for it! I love this Universe for how it works too!

I got in the moment it was one of my favorite of my whole trip and then realized most all my favorite moments revolve around singing and dancing on this trip. Lovely!

I went for a walk the other day at the rivers edge and starting singing "my favorite things" and then it hit me, "what are my favorite things". Well of course food came to mind-love my food-like raspberries with vanilla yogurt, the taste and scent of celantro, crab......Then of course I went into dance, singing, writing, animals-dogs and cats I just adore and any other little fuzzy critter or even unfuzzy like dolphins...., friends, cooking together with friends, having parties...and the list went on and I realized more and more what I loved and what were my favorites-like I love the feel, scent and sounds of Starbucks-I know not PC but honestly when I smell a Starbucks I as so happy and I love their music and chai of course-which I got to have yesterday here in town!!!! So what are your favorite things? What makes you smile and laugh, giggle, shine and all the rest?

Well I have fallin' in love! Yes that is right! And I am bringing the two of them home! No they are not human and nope I really can't bring them home, but I'd love to! I spent the last two days with Koalas, they are beautiful, so sweet and so great natured. I got to pet two of them yesterday and I just couldn't stop, they are so lovely and sweet! Then I got to pet a Kangaroo-well a few of them actually and some of them being mamas with their joey's (babies). I learned a lot about Koalas. Like, did you know they live to 16-20 years old, they die mostly from being hit by cars or dog attacks or chlymidia-a popular disease with them as well as conguntivitis.

They are so strong and have huge nails and only eat eucaluptus leaves which doesn't give them enough nourishment to move a lot so that is why they sleep all day-nope they are not stoned off of them.

The other big thing I am consciously practicing is to be grateful for my life every day and every moment. What are you grateful for right now? The roof above our heads, the computer so I can email you, the bed I sleep in, the food, and being able to travel, sing, dance,writing, thinking, be excited and to be conscious of CELEBRATING LIFE NOW AND EVERYDAY!

So I am off to Kayaking in a few hours, which I love and I am thrilled about. I send you love, I will share more soon. Much love, remember to be grateful and live fully. Love, Heather
Be YOU!
I need to go now but I will finish this later

1 comment:

Meet Danny Wilson said...

I love this!!! I had an interesting experience in Sweden. I took a voice lesson with the resident voice coach at the theatre I worked at and she invited me to come sing at this cabaret evening she hosted and I did and the audience actually asked for more - so I did like 3 songs. And after it was all over, she walked up to me and handed me cash and said that it was my cut of the door - I was just there for fun. I hadn't sung in years... A symbolic gesture and a tangible quantitative one of human worth and the value of your offering - be it talents or skills or ideas or just time, is priceless. Yours from a little girl with no income of her own is doubly so. Don't leave this alone. Do something with it, Heather...