Wednesday, November 21, 2007

How do you like your Chokes?

And no I don't mean artichokes? Chokes out here are chickens!!! Pretty funny eh? They love to shorten and change everything with words!

Hey ya,
How are you? Well my last several days have been great and challenging all at the same time. I was out wwoofing on a organic permaculture farm. It was stunning, the view, with the mountains around and the greenery! My favorite was feeding the chickens.

The first day I was scared of them, afraid they'd peck at me like my mothers goose did when she was a child-she said it hurt! But they were great, I'd feed them from my hand and they'd grab my skin but no pain!! I petted them and picked them up. The son of the family helped me with playing with them and getting them back in the cages as they loved to come out to scratch around and eat grass! I liked the son best. He was very coold-sensitive, respectful, generous with what he had-like letting me on his computer and loaning me a plug to plug in my ipod. Plus he bakes cookies for everyone!!! YUMMY!

Then my second favorite thing was getting up in the morning around 6am-that's just when I wake up, and taking a walk. Well on my walks I'd sing to the cows and they'd crowd around to listen and stare at the human that would also moo at them-Yep, I love talking Cow! And they seem to love it too as they all moo back, especially when I'd walk off they'd all moo- of course in my human mind it means they were wanting me to come back or saying good bye. But hey who knows why they do that's it's not the first time cows have followed me down a field mooing!

Then I'd sing to Misty, the horse at the farm, she seemed to like me making up songs about her beauty. I loved her fuzzy white ears and sing to her about them. She seemed go like it and come closer-how lovely, but she doesn't to be touched so don't touch her-but I had to try! So once I touched her (twice it happened!!!) she jumped back and I jumped too, funny, she scared me, even when I expected her jump! Her white gorgeous body was just too nice to not try to pet!

I stayed in a caravan home you pull behind your vehicle, I liked it. It was nice and it's what I called home. Not like my creative little 6 walled bungalow like I had at the other place with windows on 4 of the 6 walls and very colorful and fun and set into the trees that you wake up looking at in the morning, but the caravan was nice!

So the father was a bit controlling and very selfish and all about him. But I just tried to avoid him after a while. He did know a lot about Permaculture that he learned from books. But after him treating me like a child one time too many my patience were up and I asked to leave and thank goodness he took me to town!

Though I loved working in the garden, arriving in Bellingen, where I've wanted to be for a while I'm very happy I came. I love it here! Cute little quaint town, with hills, rivers and valleys. Fresh air, coffee shops that fill the air around the main street. Cute little shops filled with all kinds of creative things. It is so relaxing and lovely here. I think I'll come back to stay a week or two. But I've got great plans for the next few days!!!

Starting tomorrow night I found a 5 RHYTHMS Class to dance my booty off too in Byron Bay!!! And this is where I've wanted to spend my birthday!!! So I'll be spending my 38th birthday, that's write I'm 38 years young in Byron Bay! To top it off I'm staying at a friend of a friends house where on my birthday-the 25th, we'll be having Thanksgiving meal-one of my favorite meals with Pumpkin Pie! And then Monday I'll be going out to a retro night club to dance to old time lovely music I love! So it should be a lovely weekend.

Last night I went on a sunset kayaking trip, just lovely. The sunset was stunning, the hill side breath taking and the whole thing was beautiful. I wish it was longer. I really love kayaking. So any of you who want to go when I get back I'd love to go with you have you come with me.

Oh I forgot to tell you, I met my first leech on my ankle, it was having some fun and I without looking rubbed something away, ooohhh, man it still stings days later. Not very friendly guests after the fact. Painful and itchy! All my life in the wild and I get a leech on a farm near the chokes!!!

So I'm enoying the nature, what I'm learning about Permaculture, want to learn more, it fascinates me!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING! Have a lovely day full of gratitude. I have a huge list of things to be grateful for but one of my biggest things I'm grateful for is you! You being in my life, hearing from you makes my heart sing and sharing with you my stories and rambling on forever and you reading it. I love sharing with you and hearing from you. The freedom of this life is a gorgeous thing to choose your friends, your life, your work, so make sure you are living the life you love and grateful for everything, even the rough times as that is where we grow. I know it is for me-though it's hard at times.

Many hugs and with much love and gratitude, Heather

1 comment:

Amz said...

Hi Heather, happy birthday for today. It was really nice talking to you in Bellingen. Did you find a nice chai latte? I hope so.

Let me know if you come back down this way. And have fun dancing tonight!

Amy