Monday, November 19, 2007

.....My Heather

Hello there,
This is yet another gorgeous poem from my same friend that wrote me the last poem. She has such incredible heart and talent and she is just lovely, knowing me so well! I miss her tons. I hope you enjoy this as much as I did. Much love, Heather


Lately, I wonder what time it is in your bedroom... lately, I want to be a part of the air, there, where you lay silent... I wonder if the best thing about today is the idea of tomorrow....the idea of Summer and your precious face resting in my hands...the background holding Amma against it's gold and red banners, India with its black language and profound mouths watching us exist....watching my hands on your eyes...the way you hold me up, kiss me, then fall down again... the way I love you like an extravagance...in a place where flowers with dove blood push, by morning, through the black soil of your breath out of your lips and I pick them fresh everyday and hold them there, in a deep green vase, next to my bed where I pray for you to be strong...where I pray for you to be happy...though I miss you....though I crave the touch of your orange blossom fingers, your embrace that cuts through me like the green balconies of the sun over an orange and gasoline rainbow...now...I am dying of such love....now, I wish to be where you are...where I know you are dancing in the empty air of turquoise brides...where all of a sudden, I am seeking a permanence in time, and imagine no limits on earth and you, you stand there like a habit of nature, immortalizing greatness like that of a just-created ocean... nothing but love, the curvature of silence, star lines and kisses.... your pure gifts gathering sage from the pockets of my grey ghosts....the pockets you could never visit without your red dress on....though I've missed your hair growing longer....in my sleep I can see you....and I stretch to reach you where you are...

No comments: