Thursday, November 29, 2007

How ya Goin'???

Hello there,
Yep that's right, How ya Goin'??? Not how you doing? or Where you going? It's How ya goin'? for How are you doing? I love it!!! Ozzies!

They have so many shortened words like, pool comp, that means pool competition! It's a language all of their own.

So many new things to share with you.....Firstly I road a camel, yep that's it, you heard me, a CAMEL!!!! Do you know how many wild camels are in this country? Take a wild guess......come on guess......higher........yes higher...............over A MILLION! That's write, I guess they breed like crazy out here once they were dropped off from Afganistan (from what our guide said). Watch out the spit!!! No, not really, that's just from Aladdin-I love that cartoon-you have to see if you haven't already, one of my fav's!!! Nope they just chew their cud and drip, not spit.

They guides for the camels were hilarious, I was laughing the whole time, they'd flirt, crack jokes, tell some history and make it funny. I wasn't even going to do this Camel ride but the guy got me laughing so much I just had to. Of course I turned down the butt rub he offered if our butts got sore...but I'm sure he would have made that fun as well!!! He took photos of us, the camel, the camels parts-if you know what I mean ; )! How degrading for the poor camel! Not really but goodness, how many people have photos of his genitals and feet! (the camels, not the guy's though he pretended to do that too, not something I'd want as a token from OZ). ; )

Bellingen was heaven, I hope to go back there. I have now been up in Byron Bay area for the past week staying with Doug, a new found friend, a friend of a friend from home. He's been great. Picked me up from the Bus station, we had SUSHI, Yummy!!! Now I'm woofing for him, taking his dogs for walks, gardening, fixing meals...but my favorite part is watching him do what he does best, he works with clay! Yes he throws, he makes great little animals out of clay and pots! I've already made one little rabbit, he said it was great for my first time. I was impressed with the little bugger! But it's fun playing with clay. I want to do more of it!

I'm finding balance between being out here in the country side-rolling hills, green, lush, raining every other day but coming out of it gloriously fresh, wet and sunny afterward, to visiting the small towns around. I get a little stir crazy out here once I've been here too many days, I need to see something else. I think if I lived here it would be different. So much to see here that I know there is going to be a ton I miss, as this country is Ginormous!!!! (sp? if it's a word) But I want to see more.

I will be helping Doug glaze tomorrow which will be exciting! Then on Sunday I'll be going in to Byron Bay's Market, which I'm very excited about experiencing!

Last night I went to a comedy night, OH it was great! Three Comedians, all terrific, people looked at me as I laughed so loud-OOPPS! Not really, I don't care, really, too many years of quiet laughter, I'm workin' on letting it all out now, while everyone around me is quietly laughing. But then I got a woman who would laugh quietly with me giving me eye contact, it was great!

My Birthday was Great! It started out by getting up at 5:45am for a 2 hour walk through the small country road, hills rolled out in lush bright green. The blue skies just shined as the white clouds turned shades of morning colors! The country homes seems such a peace sitting there with the nearest neighbor minutes away and not in view from each other! Then I found some friends-3 horses and some cows!

Their was 2 white horses and one brown. Well I just had to sing to them, they just came on up and listened, didn't want to be touched but stared at me. One got quite aroused, not sure if you have ever seen an aroused horse, but ladies, I think we would all agree we'd be running! YIKES! Glad I'm not a horse, well, I guess it would be different then! Well then I got excited as I thought I was going to see two horses do the wild thing in nature...but another horse came around and all horse flirting with the two in front of me stopped and the excitement of the male went away....Nature, don't cha love it. I guess it's ok in front of humans just not other horses, or maybe there was a jealousy thing going on or too many decisions, who knows! Not that you wanted to know all of that.

But my morning walk was filled with thoughts of what I believe in, what I stand for in this life. I came up with a few things: healthy living-food and exercise, healthy communication in relationships, healthy parenting, homes and food for all and creativity. All that I believe in is covered in this short line! There is much more but it all can be under those things. How lovely! What do you believe in, what would you stand for? What could you not live without? I can't live without exercise, dance, creativity and communication, and well good food is just so lovely!

So then I got home to Doug giving me this book that I almost brought with me: Mastery of Love by Don Miguel Ruiz! Oh my gosh, it's perfect. It's so lovely, talks about your childhood how it effects you now, how a little thing like you playing with your fathers guitar and him coming in and smacking you effects how you trust him and others for the rest of your life. How we learn to stop playing as we might get in trouble. Man this really hit some cords in me. I can really track things back. It's a great read so far and very simple! A must I see for reading and learning about yourself and clearing things with awareness!

I had one my favorite meals on my birthday as we celebrated Thanksgiving! I got to help prepare the meal which I love! I got to talk to my mom and some friends on the phone which was so nice! As some I haven't talked to in ages or since I left! That was a blessing! So the evening was filled with friends of Dougs, new found friends for me, food, music and at the very end I danced! I loved it! I was wiped out by the end of it but I was a great birthday! A good time to bring in the new-year 38 which equal an 11 in numberology and it's a powerful number! I have some great goals for this year! Love it!

So my days are spent walking, working on Dougs property, once he saw that I could help him out as he has so much growing and to do and no time, as it's high season for his business with christmas coming! Once the work is done I go swimming in the pool OR this is the bestest, yes that's in my dictionary, I take the dogs out to the beach and run with them, I get them in shape they get me in shape, then we swim in the cool, not cold, salt water. Which getting me out is the hard part since it's so nice and the weather being perfect! Then we walk to a lake across the way that is filled with Tea Tree water from it growing wild here and we swim there and get the salt our of their gorgeous German Shepard coats of fur.

They are happy, I'm happy and we head home or to Starbucks for chai! We sometimes go to one of their many parks of rivers going through them. Trees every where, people BBQing and perfection at it's best where parks are concerned. This is the one thing LA lacks, parks, I'll have to track them down once I'm back.

Because of the nature I could see myself living here or in a place like this. But I'll see. The US is a big place maybe there is a place there, but the warm factor is the big thing here, it's warm here at 6am-and it doesn't get too hot either. Perfect temperature! But who knows that's the future, for now it's gorgeous!

I hope you had a great Thanksgiving, if you celebrate it!

Oh, I have to tell you this. There was a sign I saw that said "aged people walking slow, slow down" or something to that effect in Bellingen. I thought it was hilarious-could you imangine in the US-watch for slow aged people, SLOW DOWN! Goodness, what does the aged people think of this sign, maybe it's a good thing. They have funny signs here. More on that later.

I must go work! Off to packing ceramics!!!

Have a great day! I look forward to talking with you soon. I'd love to hear how you are? What you truly believe in? And just a thought, what would you die for? I'll have to think on that one!

Much love to you, and so many hugs, Heather

May the brightness in your soul peer out, shining brightly in every moment and may it be shared by all around you! H

No comments: