Thursday, February 14, 2008

The Day for Love.....

The Day for Love…

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!

This is the day that is set aside for expressing love, love for partners, lovers, married couples and friends. Remember in school when you’d write out all those little Valentine Cards and give them to your friends and the cute boy/girl that sat in the corner or back of the room? How lovely it was to send out those little hearts as well with the cards to show their sweetness! What sweet and delicious times.

Funny we have a day to express love as it would be much better to celebrate this daily. Maybe that would be a nice wish……just lovely.

I wish you a loving day, full of inner love for yourself most of all, peace, love and comfort with all around you and full expression to share your love with them as well as treat yourself with love always. Being patient with ones self and others is one way of loving, being generous with ones time, giving hugs every chance you get and really receiving them back. Feel the connection with your friends, your own heart and life around you, even the strangers walking down the street-they need love too, today and everyday. Maybe just giving that smile will brighten someone’s day or save someone life, you never know, doing random acts of kindness does lovely things to ones soul-to the receiver and giver.

Know that this isn’t the only day we get to share love, and do special things for others, every day is for this…how lovely to know if we accidentally skip sharing love with someone on our list of people we love we can do it tomorrow.

Lend a hand, a heart, an ear….slow down for just a minute, touch someone you don’t know in the grocery store as you reach for that box of chocolates and give a warm smile, see how this is received, but don’t expect anything….some people don’t know how to handle touch, but we all so very much need it.

I’ve met people in my life that are not touchy feely people and I’ll just hug them as they giggle uncomfortably until they learn to love the touch, the hug, the embrace, as scary as it is for them, they do love it in some way.

So for me, I am sending you love, I am touching you as well as I can today, taking my two arms, reaching them out to both sides of me as far as I can and I am wrapping them around you so HUGELY and hugging you, sending you so much love and tenderness and this glorious day of LOVE. I am there with you in your heart and supporting you in anyway I can to allow love to be there stronger every day. I know it’s hard to feel love at all times, but we can all work toward that and eventually it may just be upon us.

I feel blessed to have you in my life, to be able to touch you, to share my life with you as well as hear about your life, your stories, and your heart. Thank you for being a part of my life. I send you love and one day real soon I’ll be giving you one great big hug! HAPPY LOVE DAY=HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!
Love, Heather

No comments: