Monday, February 18, 2008

I'M IN LOVE WITH HOBART!!!!! Hard to leave it!

Dearest Ones,

Thanks for all your emails on the last one, how lovely!!!! I love hearing from you.

I have had the most glorious morning here. I had a great night sleep, woke up feeling great! And I mean Great! I got up, got dressed, no breakfast, just took off walking. The sun was out in full, I just needed a light weight shirt and headed toward the water. I didn’t know where I was going but it was stunning, the sun sparkling off the water, so warm and lovely. A perfect light breeze wisped by. I got down to the ocean which had a park, which later I realized once the dog walkers woke up was a dog park. Ozzie people love to get their dogs wet. It’s as if they insist on it, I’ve seen them do it and then the dogs are happy. So cute and funny all at the same time.

The architecture was just stunning. I loved seeing the homes with porches, with glass enclosed porches that they can work on, gardens, railings that surround around the door ways. Some homes are red brick and others old fashion, like the South East style in the US.

It’s like all my senses were alive. My eyes were constantly being fed and popping out of my head in love with everything I saw. I haven’t felt this alive in so long and it was just so great to feel so alive, curious and with such a great inner happiness that I just bounced down the street. I talked to a number of locals that were just in great moods.

I got offered a lift to Melbourne as well, on a boat. I would have taken it but it was going to take 3 weeks of hopping islands to get there. Let me tell you, if I wasn’t so excited to come home and have my date planned and if I knew I wouldn’t be hanging my head over the side of the boat (which I haven’t a clue how my body would handle a boat trip like that) I would have done it.

I loved seeing how people are in the dog parks, they let their dogs have their misunderstandings, growl at each other and verbally fight-they never physically fight but a nip here or there. They bring out water bowls for all the dogs and refill them daily so the dogs get fresh water. As well as some of the restaurants do this as well, especially in St Kilda they’d have water bowls for the dogs that their parents eat at their restaurants. It’s just lovely.

The ocean was so warm and so lovely to be next to, walk around and breath in, take in. Such great eye candy. Such delight and excitement, my heart pounded and was thrilled. Here it is my last day here, I’m sad to go. I have fallen in love with this crazy place of every changing weather, cold at times, windy and icy other times, but then there is no where you can where shorts if you so dare to trust the weather. I love laying in a park reading, relaxing, sitting in a cafĂ© getting some work done before I get home as well as reading. I love taking walks around down and now at the waters edge, seeing how the people are just so lovely, relaxed and human.
I love the trees and the fresh air, the silence of the drivers, the peacefulness of this town-the largest city in Tas. I love I can go hiking just 20 minutes away by bus. I can get amazing sushi or any kind of Asian food within 2 blocks any where here in Tas. Tastes of India are every where, and tonight I am going out with Kristin for my last dinner here at her favorite Indian place!

My body is feeling great since the cleanse, it feels cleaner, I’m not eating as much, but highly aware of my ons and offs of wanting to eat and not, craving, or being ok with being hungry. I feel like I’m just feeling the effects of the cleanse now. My energy is now starting to come back, I’ve just been tired this whole time since after the cleanse. It’s like my body waited to be tired after the cleanse. Or maybe I was so busy during the cleanse I didn’t have time to be tired and now I’m able to honor my tiredness.

My goal is just to rest the whole next 9 days I’m here no matter where I go. I am reflecting and really seeing how much I love it here. I really get that now looking back. The people being so human, down to earth, friendly, making new words shorter or longer or adding an O to the end of words or ie or y-like Possy for position, Cossie for bathing suit, or Mossie for Mosiquito. I love that they are always walking their dogs, they don’t yell at their animals or at each other. They love just to have fun, be with their friends and they don’t stress about money, they know money is there to bring more happiness to their lives-as in if they want a coffee or a meal they don’t bitch about the price, they just get it, they don’t piss and moan much, they just accept “I want this and this is the price and it’s all ok”. I love that attitude. I love that the streets even in cities are relatively quiet without the honking of horns as they only use them in emergencies.

They also reserve the right to look inside your bag while checking out of any store to see if you have taken anything. Could you imagine how well that would go over in the US? They do it gently and factually, not accusatory at all, it’s pretty impressive really. Strange at first but they do it with such easy it’s not offensive at all but just what they need to do to keep everything on the up and up.

Oh, they have the best yogurt here. Oh my gosh it’s so lovely. I found this yogurt that has all the wonderful bacteria that the body needs to digest food well and it is just so yummy! I’ve been living on that for the past month that I was eating. OH my gosh it’s lovely. I’ll have to write the name down and see if we can get it in the US.

I am also so very in love with that fact that this place feels so safe. I watch people leave their bags, shoes, what ever, walk away and come back 10 minutes to an hour later and it's still there. The only thing I have had stolen from me is some gorgeous organic sheep cheese from the backpackers place and that is only in the past 2 days. Bummer but the great thing is someone has had the delight to eat that goregous cheese.

I will miss Hobart, it’s been so great, so relaxing, with nothing to do, no where to go. It’s just want I needed for part of the last few weeks traveling. It’s really shown me how easy it is to relax and to be. Just to lay under a tree and do nothing or stare out at the water and let it take the thoughts away and to be.

I have to say as much as I started to want to go home in January, these past weeks I have needed to really be excited to go home as well as the past 2 months have really shown me how to stop thinking of work and money all the time. In LA I got in the pattern of always thinking of work and it was draining, so now it’s time to go back and keep it as part of my life, not my life. I love the work I do but to always be thinking of it is too much. So I needed these last two months to calm that chatter.
I really got in touch with nature to a deeper level being up on Cradle Mt. It’s like something shifted, just taking in all that was around me was so magical it livened up my senses, and possibly being on the cleanse helped that as well.

So I am going to go enjoy the rest of my time here on my last day in Hobart and try not to get sun burned, as it’s so stunning out there. I send you love, Heather

No comments: